Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Steakcookoffs SCA –
Steak barbecue on the wild alps
Head to the SCA's International Steak Championship in Southern Germany. Get the points and qualify for the Championship in the Stockyards of Fort Worth/Texas. FIRE&FOOD has received the license from the SCA to host this attractive competition. Of course you can soon also register here. The competition will take place in 2024, at the „albgut – Altes Lager“ in Münsingen on the Swabian Alps. The jury includes the well-known international BBQ experts. Participants in the SCA Steak Cook-Off can additionally enter the SCA Ancillary Burger Contest.
And that's what it's all about:
Earn points for eligibility to the SCA Worldchampionship in Texas! And clear prize money!
Prize money for the winners:
1. Place 800,- €
2. Place 400,- €
3. Place 200,- €
4. Place 120,- €
5. Place 80,- €
6.–10. Place each 50 €
The online registration will soon be possible on this website.
A registration fee in the amount of 100 € must be transferred to the following account with the purpose "SCA Steakwettbewerb 2024":
Konto 101 011 730
BLZ 650 501 10
IBAN DE42 6505 0110 0101 0117 30
Swift-BIC-Code: SOLA DE S1RVB
via Landesbank Baden-Württemberg
After registration and receipt of payment, the teams will receive a confirmation of registration or authorization to start by e-mail. A cancellation by a team is possible until 6 weeks before the event date. In this case the registration fee will be refunded. In case of cancellations after this deadline, the registration fee will be retained. If the demand for starting places is too high, the date of registration will determine the eligibility for participation.
The participation rules can be viewed HERE on the official website of the SCA.
SCA Steak Rules:
• Steak material is provided, for all equal, by rep
• Steak may be cooked on any fire or heat source. (Wood, Charcoal, Gas, Electric, Pellet, Sous Vide, etc.).
• Steak cooks may only register once per competition.
• The teams of the organizers must be present at the cooking places.
• The steaks can be lightly trimmed before, but not after cooking.
• Steaks may not be marked or branded in any way. (Grill marks are not considered marking)
• Turn in one steak, whole and uncut, on top of the provided foil disk. The provideed foil disks must be placed in the box, silver side up,
and not folded in any way. The steaks will be judged as presented in the box.
• No sauce or garnish is allowed in the steak turn in box. A compound butter is allowed, as long as it is melted on the steak.
• Placement of the steak and inspection for foreign objects is the team's duty, the boxes will not be opened at the turn in table.
• There are no size standards for the seasonings on the steak.
• Pooling of NATURAL juices in the box is acceptable.
• Steaks are judged on appearance, Doneness (medium), Taste, texture and overall impression.
• Tie breaker: taste, Doneness, Texture, Appearance and Overall Impression.
REASONS FOR A DISQUALIFICATION:
1.) Any foreign object found in the turn in box. (String, Toothpick, Skewer, etc.)
2.) A steak turned in after the turn in window has expired.
3.) Using ribeye steaks other than the ones provided by the promoter.
4.) Any of the above rule violations.
Jurors can register 2024 HERE on the SCA website. The SCA Judging Class will take place before the cook-off!